1.Influence of RDP on bond strength
Due to the particularity of artesian flat floor construction:
(1) the self-leveling layer is a secondary additional layer;
(2) the construction thickness of artesian leveling layer is usually thinner than that of ordinary floor mortar;
(3) after self-leveling floor construction, for quick delivery and use, maintenance is usually not done or the maintenance time is very short;
(4) the self-leveling layer shall resist the thermal stress from different materials;
(5) sometimes self-leveling materials are used for substrate that is difficult to adhere to.
Therefore, even with the auxiliary function of interface treatment agent, in order to ensure that the self-leveling layer can adhere firmly to the base layer for a long time, the addition of a certain amount of re-dispersible latex powder can ensure that the self-leveling material has a long-term and reliable adhesive force. No matter on the absorbent base surface (such as concrete, etc.), organic base surface (such as wood) or non-absorbent base surface (such as metal, such as ship deck), the bond strength of self-leveling materials is significantly improved with the increase of the content of redispersible latex powder.